cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

ELRP warning message --WARNING:

ELRP warning message --WARNING:

PARI_ELANSURIYA
New Contributor II
ELRP warning message --WARNING: Port 4:9 does not belong to VLAN_108! but configuration taken it will affect if suppose that port in any other vlan ?
4 REPLIES 4

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

ELRP can now be added to ports in VLANs that are not yet active on the port, to allow ELRP to work with dynamic VLAN assignment via netlogin. This will result in the ELRP warning from the question, but is a valid use-case.

Thanks,
Erik

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Pari,

Yes it is best to enable ELRP for all ports and exclude the uplink ports so that ELRP will not disable the uplink ports in case of a remote loop.

PARI_ELANSURIYA
New Contributor II
Thanks 4 info!

Which one is best recommended practice port wise config in Vlan in elrp or vlan all option?

I can enable ELRP port (all) instead of port wise and I excluded the uplink port from elrp.
My question is even trunk port allowed that vlan it will not affect right because i gave elrp vlan all port.

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Pari,

I did a quick test in lab
In my scenario the port 1 is not part of the VLAN labpc so no ELRP packets were transmitted, so there may not be any effect due to this but a mis-configuration i suppose.

"show elrp"
Pkts Pkts Disable
Client Vlan Ports Int. Count Cyclic Xmit Rcvd Action Port (sec)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CLI uplink 1 1 0 Yes 17 0 L -
CLI labpc 1 1 0 Yes 0 0 L -
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GTM-P2G8KFN