cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable SummitStack-V on single switch?

Enable SummitStack-V on single switch?

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
In the past, our best practice was to enable stacking on everything (including single switches), allowing for future additions to the switch without having to suffer an outage and reconfiguration. It seems that when using 10Gb stacking on a 460-G2, unless you boot with a connected "secondary" switch, the enable stacking command has no impact and the switch refuses to enter stacking mode by itself. Can anyone confirm this behavior? Any suggestions to accommodate the expansion without reboot scenario?

Thanks,
Eric
6 REPLIES 6

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Boy do I feel dumb...  So used to stacking on SummitStack that I missed a step on the 10GB stacking (easy-setup). While I configured and enabled stacking - it seems that without this command at the end I was not really done. Thanks for the quick responses!

Mel78__CISSP__E
New Contributor III
Have you run the "enable stacking" after "you configure stacking .... " ?

Also just for everyone information, SummitStack-V do support SFP+ BiDi as show below.

This can saves up on your precious FO core asset.

dda41810ac0f421bb3dfe61cf6627e0a_RackMultipart20180531-61540-1rlqi8r-image_inline.jpg

davidj_cogliane
Contributor
Even if stacking is enabled you still need to configure staging to trigger the reboot and create the stack. It sounds like you are short a command or two.

Eric_Burke
New Contributor III
Running the recommended 21.1.5.2 build. If I show stacking-support, it says enabled but the port references from a configuration standpoint don't seem to use the switch:port commands (just port). Again, nothing is connected to the back stacking ports (27/28). In SummitStack if you enabled stacking on a single switch, the port commands would reference switch:port just like a multi-switch stack.
GTM-P2G8KFN