cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Enterasys and apple tv mirroring

Enterasys and apple tv mirroring

Laura4
New Contributor II
We have Enterasys APs in our school. We also have apple tvs and ipads and mac books. We are having issues mirroring to the apple tv. The list of apple TVs to mirror to does not always populate with all the tvs in the school. Does the apple tv and ippad/macbooks have to be attached to the same Enterasys AP to mirror successfully?
15 REPLIES 15

Laura4
New Contributor II
I had to turn some of the 2.4 back on, because some people couldn't get wireless. We have too many mixed devices out there. I turned the 2.4 back on in every other room, and I also set up a load group with band steering. I also changed the 5Ghz radio to 20 mhz wide, since its a dense environment. One teacher can mirror from her macbook, but not her iPad. I don't think there is much else I can do.

Chris_Sherman
New Contributor III
How'd the testing go? I too get complaints that are time(and I assume load) related.

Laura4
New Contributor II
I decided to turn off the 2.4GHz radio, I am testing that right now. So far I have not got any work orders on the apple tvs. The teachers say they have problems mirroring to their tvs in the morning. Everyone gets on at the same time and mirrors. so i think its more of a network bandwidth issue. Another tech said to turn off the 2.4 GHz radio since it has less channels and more devices on it; and leave the 5GHz radio, which will force them to use 5Ghz radio which has more channels.

Chris_Sherman
New Contributor III
Did this get any better for you Laura? If so, what helped?
GTM-P2G8KFN