Enterasys contoller c5210 log files

• Question
  • Updated 3 years ago
  • Answered
Is there a way to view log files on the Enterasys Controller C5210 that show me why a laptop has lost connection while mirroring to an Apple TV? We have 3605 APs in drop ceilings in each classroom. A teacher mirrors to her AppleTV from her Macbook or Ipad for about 5 mins and then loses connection.
Photo of Laura

Laura

• 1,490 Points 1k badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Ronald Dvorak

Ronald Dvorak, Embassador

• 48,880 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Laura,

Is the connection to the TV lost or the wireless link to the AP ?

There is no log for the streaming video link but you might see something in the log if the teachers notebook disconnects from the WLAN.
In the GUI > log > station events > filter on the teachers MAC address

-Ron
Photo of Laura

Laura

they lose connection to the Apple TV
Photo of Curtis Parish

Curtis Parish

• 3,332 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
We have had to tune the settings on  controllers and access points  with many of the Apple and Extreme upgrades to keep Apple TV working.  We have had that specific problem before but right this minute I can't remember the solution.  GTAC  helped resolve the issue so they should be able to help.  
Photo of Doug Hyde

Doug Hyde, Technical Support Manager

• 20,514 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
How to turn on station logs from the Controller Gui...

Enabled "Report station events on controller" under the Controller tab, left side Logs, then Log Configurations. 

To review the reports, click on the Logs tab up top, then click on Station Events.

You can then type in the MAC or IP of the client you wish to see information on....
(Edited)
Photo of Laura

Laura

will this log show me why the laptop is losing connection to the Apple TV?
Photo of Raffi

Raffi, Employee

• 1,598 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
It could. The log gives information for clients registering, roaming, authenticating, de-registering etc.
Photo of Doug Hyde

Doug Hyde, Technical Support Manager

• 20,514 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Photo of Curtis Parish

Curtis Parish

• 3,332 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
After further thought and consultation, we believe the 5 minute time out problem was solved by GTAC by adjusting multicast settings.