Enterasys AP 3460-nam full reset

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
  • Answered

I have an opportunity to receive two Enterasys AP 3460-nam from a company that went out of business.  I do not have the configuration details and am looking to reset the device to full defaults.  Is there a documented procedure?

Photo of Rick Arkus

Rick Arkus

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Markus

Markus, Employee

• 172 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

I think you mean a 3640, not 3460 ;-) ?

Try this first, if it works:

Connect the AP to a DHCP enabled subnet and check the DHCP server, if the AP receives a IP
address.

If so, try to SSH into the AP with this IP address. User "admin", PW "new2day", if credentials haven't
been changed.

You might just have about one to three minute to connect via SSH, until the AP reboots.

Then issue the command "cset factory" and wait for the reboot. All set to factory defaults at this
point.

If this doesn't work, just let me know and will send you another procedure.

Kind regards,

Markus

Photo of Ronald Dvorak

Ronald Dvorak, Embassador

• 48,894 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Could it be that the correct command for the standalone is "factory-default" and not cset factory.... 

050000845305(exec)# factory-default

But you'd also just press the reset button on the AP for about 20sec until all LEDs flash to reset the model to default.

Here were you'd find the reset button.......
Photo of Rick Arkus

Rick Arkus

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

my thanks to you both.

Both AP's are working as roaming on one LAN.  Is there any documentation on the preferred setup for radio1/2?

Regards

Rick

Photo of Christoph

Christoph

• 1,842 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
For roaming between standalone APs they should use the same cluster password and the APs should be able to exchange multicast messages on Ethernet side with each other.

To set right wireless settings are highly depended of your environment. For roaming they have to broadcast the same SSID with same security setting. I would suggest to enable both radios and turn on all automatic functions for power an channel selection.

If this doesn't fit you still can try to tune the parameters manually.

Kind regards
Christoph
(Edited)