cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS - S-Series: Sending Trap if broadcast suppression limit is reached

EOS - S-Series: Sending Trap if broadcast suppression limit is reached

M_Nees
Contributor III
Is it possible that s-series (or K or 7100) are send an traps if the broadcast supression threshold value is reached ?

I do that with all my EXOS stuff and what using the same mechanism with EOS.

Regards
7 REPLIES 7

PeterK
Contributor II
Is there a way to only notify via syslog or trap when broadcast limit threshold is reached and not to act/drop frames?

When I understand right "set cos port-resource flood-ctrl" does not have this option...

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hello Matthias,

if you use the CoS-based flood control instead of the basic broadcast limiter (set cos port-config flood-ctrl), you can use set cos port-resource flood-ctrl to send a sylog message, a trap, or disable the port if the configured threshold is reached. You need to enable CoS (set cos state enable) to actually use this feature.

Thanks,
Erik

Bastian_Sprotte
Extreme Employee
Matthias,
that is not supported in EOS, as this is an MAC chip function and the MAC chip will not alert the OS about the condition. We had reviewed the option to poll these counters internal, but decide the NMS will poll the counter per SNMP and an Flexview is available.
We have no plans to add that function to EOS as i know.
regards
Bastian
-

Hi Eric,
thanks a lot for the valueable advice - this was excactly what i (my customers) needs!

I will try that.

Thanks also to give me the advice regarding the EOS firmware. That a topic at my current installation.

Let 's configure and run better networks ;-))

Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN