cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EWC AP packet capture - error# availability down

EWC AP packet capture - error# availability down

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'd like to run a AP packet capture and get the error below.

OK my paired controller is down (lab setup) but what has that to do with anything - the AP is up and local to that controller and FF is disabled so there is no need to have the foreign controller up.

f47d9b97fac84fa68f73e5687a84702e_RackMultipart20180803-79074-ucfhd7-EWC_packet_capture02_inline.png

3 REPLIES 3

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'm pretty sure that you are right but I don't want to remove my availability config as that would remove the foreign settings.

But OK if that is FAD - I was only baffled by this weird behavior.

BR,
Ron

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
Hi Ron,

in the new codes 10.4x we built a new tunnel ICDT ā€“ inter Controller Data Tunnel.

This is used for remote packet capture and remote console of apā€™s connected to foreign controller.

It seems if this tunnel was created in a HA case already the process seems to be asking always for that.

I don't test it but if you disable HA on this one I would expect that it will start to work again?

Regards

Umut Aydin

James_A
Valued Contributor
You could ssh in to the AP and run "ccapture start 40000", point wireshark (windows only) to port 2002 then "ccapture stop". But yes, the inability to configure a failed over AP is a bit annoying in general.
GTM-P2G8KFN