cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EWC clonning WLAN, Role etc configurations.

EWC clonning WLAN, Role etc configurations.

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Hi,

I need to create more than 10 auth and non auth roles and about 6 more WLAN services. They will be exacly same with one of the existing role and WLAN. I only need to change the topology settings (for different vlans). Unfortunately there is no option for clonning existing configs.

So can I dump the configurations via CLI then copy-edit-paste them for creating the needed roles and WLAN services? If it is possible can you share some code as I never used EWC CLI?

Thanks,

Rahman
9 REPLIES 9

Umut_Aydin
Extreme Employee
I would do it over WebGui.
You never know what you maybe miss if doing it over CLI and I don't think it will be faster?!

Yes..C4 for cloning feature.

Well, it was actually a lot faster. Problem is not creating the roles via GUI. Problem is writing maybe 10-15 filter rule per role which are all the same for all roles. This is way faster with cloning or in this situation copy-edit-paste via CLI.

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
A "Duplicate Role and Rename" feature would be useful. I will second that! Several times I find myself wanting to do this.. I had the capability when I was using Policy Manager for Wireless, but I haven't used PM for wireless in a while. Maybe I should revisit that.

Rahman_Duran1
New Contributor III
Ok, I got it working. The trick was to set topology-name at the end and use "Apply" command. Here is the working codes:

rolecreate "acu-savsat-unauth"
"acu-savsat-unauth"
filter-status enable
ulfilterap enable
apcustom disable
name "acu-savsat-unauth"
default-cos no-change
access-control contain2vlan
traffic-mirror none
topology-name "B@EWC(vlan67)"
apply

acfilters
create 1 proto any eth 800 mac any interface-ip in dst out src allow priority none tos-dscp none cos none traffic-mirror none
create 2 proto udp eth 800 mac any 0.0.0.0/0 port 68 in dst out src allow priority none tos-dscp none cos none traffic-mirror none
create 3 proto udp eth 800 mac any 0.0.0.0/0 port 53 in dst out src allow priority none tos-dscp none cos none traffic-mirror none
create 4 proto udp eth 800 mac any 0.0.0.0/0 port 67 in dst out src allow priority none tos-dscp none cos none traffic-mirror none
apply

Thanks,

Rahman
GTM-P2G8KFN