cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EXOS: OnePolicy - logging option

EXOS: OnePolicy - logging option

M_Nees
Contributor III
I often use Policies (enterasys Polcies / OnePolicy) in conjunction with NAC / Authentication on EXOS switches (X440-G2 / X450-G2 - edge switches).

To debug / troubleshoot if service rules work well within the polcies role - i need a log option. But currently i think that is not support on EXOS (also on secureStack ļ˜‰ - only S-series provide a log option).

Is there a way howewer to getting information/messages if the particular service / access rules are working well ?

Regards
3 REPLIES 3

StephenW
Extreme Employee

StephenW
Extreme Employee
EXOS ACL's have the ability to count the number of packets that hit a ACL. Im not sure Policy manager can configure that. It can be done manually.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-create-and-apply-an-ACL-in-EXOS/

Hi Stephen,

i am not writting about native EXOS ACLs. I am writting about the ported Enterasys Policies which named now ONE- Policy.

How can i use there a log option ?

I know the functionality of native EXOS ACLs - there is much more possible than with ONEPolicy. But one big disadvantage is that Netsight Policy Manager is currently not able to manage them and roll them out easily to the switches. This feature is needed in Netsight (aka Extreme Control).

Regards

GTM-P2G8KFN