cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXOS: OSPF "passive-interface default" needed

EXOS: OSPF "passive-interface default" needed

M_Nees
Contributor III
Currently i configure OSPF on X870 Switches (recent EXOS 22.2.x).

I am looking for a command for setting all vlan to "passive default" like i do it on EOS or Cisco.

Currently i do manually vlan for vlan only.

configure ospf add vlan VLAN-0111 area 172.16.1.0 passive
configure ospf add vlan VLAN-0113 area 172.16.1.0 passive
configure ospf add vlan VLAN-4001 area 172.16.1.0
Is there no default passive statement ?

Regards
10 REPLIES 10

OscarK
Extreme Employee
and dont forget, no need to type it all, adding vlan as passive just is one space and p extra.
con ospf add a 0 p
is enough for command:
configure ospf add area 0.0.0.0 passive

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hello Matthias,

normally, every VLAN I add to OSPF is either passive or of link-type point-to-point. Thus I always specify one or the other keyword(s) and never use the default broadcast network type. This is just one command as opposed to e.g. the S-Series that requires two (one to add the interface, another one to make it passive or specify the network type).

Thanks,
Erik

Hi Erik,
i got your idea. Defining point-to-point links avoid the DR and BDR Election etc. So network admin should define the two states - passive = clients networks or point-2-point = OSPF Links to other routers!

Anyway if i am able to define default-interface passive will help to avoid mistakes and increase security level!

But thanks a lot sharing this idea!

Regards,
Matthias

Hi Erik,
i got your idea. Defining point-to-point links avoid the DR and BDR Election etc. So network admin should define the two states - passive = clients networks or point-2-point = OSPF Links to other routers!

Anyway if i am able to define default-interface passive will help to avoid mistakes and increase security level!

But thanks a lot sharing this idea!

Regards,
Matthias
GTM-P2G8KFN