cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export All Serials XMC

Export All Serials XMC

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Is there a way I can get a csv of all the devices I have in XMC?

When I use the Export to CSV button in the devices tab it does not show the serials for all devices in a stack or all blades in a chassis.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Admittedly I haven't tried the REST API or the Asset Discovery Tool (both of which I will when I get a chance), but I was pointed the right way by TAC and my account rep.

Network > Devices > Use the drop-down toward the left to select "by Device Type" > Use the three-bar menu > Configuration/Firmware > Register/Export Serial Numbers...

This gives the full printout of all devices, blades, modules with serials. Previously, I'd tried that with the drop-down menu on "by Location" which did not give the full list.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

treese
Contributor

The only way to pull all the serial numbers in XMC is using the API rest?  If this is so is there a procedure I can use so I can get all the SN from my stacked switches?  Thank you

Terren_Crider
Contributor
Admittedly I haven't tried the REST API or the Asset Discovery Tool (both of which I will when I get a chance), but I was pointed the right way by TAC and my account rep.

Network > Devices > Use the drop-down toward the left to select "by Device Type" > Use the three-bar menu > Configuration/Firmware > Register/Export Serial Numbers...

This gives the full printout of all devices, blades, modules with serials. Previously, I'd tried that with the drop-down menu on "by Location" which did not give the full list.

Ryan_Yacobucci
Extreme Employee
Hello,

In Extreme Management Center click on Reports --> PDF Reports

There should be an "Inventory Report" under "Inventory Manager"

Let me know if this gets you what you need.

Thanks
-Ryan

StephanH
Valued Contributor III
Hello Terren,

try the REST-API in my opinion you will find all necessary infos.

Best regards
Stephan
Regards Stephan
GTM-P2G8KFN