Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

EXT3-fs warning

EXT3-fs warning

Antonio_Prado
New Contributor II
hi,

what am I supposed to do when on a lot of X460G2-48t-10G4 the log shows:

09/26/2016 10:55:45.77 Slot-1: EXT3-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
09/26/2016 10:54:28.32 Slot-2: EXT3-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
09/26/2016 10:54:28.03 Slot-3: EXT3-fs warning: checktime reached, running e2fsck is recommended
thank you
--
antonio
3 REPLIES 3

Antonio_Prado
New Contributor II
Just a follow-up.

This is what GTAC suggested:

Hi,
Unfortunately, the only way to solve this issue whole factory reset is necessary on all switches.
The stack should be broken and then rescue the image to all nodes from bootrom individually. This will erase all data from the switches. Then rebuild the stack and load the configuration. Please follow this article to complete rescue process: https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-To-install-EXOS-Image-via-BootROM-on-G...

I'm concerned about the procedure: if something goes wrong (for example "No valid bootloader found" as already happened) I would need some spare X460G2-48t-10G4 devices.
--
antonio

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Antonio,
I'd suggest trying it on one switch to see if it helps (if you haven't already done that). GTAC can also get you the bootloader images to reload if necessary.

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee
Hi Antonio,

I would suggest to open up a case with GTAC for the same with the below outputs.

"show switch"
"show version"
"show log"
"show log messages nvram"

GTM-P2G8KFN