Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extreme Switch x650 get stuck after show config command

Extreme Switch x650 get stuck after show config command

Pao_Morales
New Contributor
Hello All,

After I issued : show configuration command, the switch does not dispay anything, I press enter many times and just the promt go down , but nothing happens.

Should I reload the switch?

This switch is in a stack  is no the master.

Thanks a lot!!
6 REPLIES 6

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Yes because the Exsshd process mostly responsible for when the SSH is not terminated and more sessions are established. As a result of this will consume more CPU and keep the system busy in the background. So this must be another reason for any cli command executed could have stuck in there for a while. Sometimes terminating these Exsshd process kill those activity and free up them from the buffer.

Ty_Kolff
New Contributor II
I had this happen to me a few times on EXOS 21.1.1.4 where I could login to the switch, but when I would do a 'show config' it would lock up. I ended up restarting the exsshd process and everything would work fine. I haven't had this issue with 21.1.2.14

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
Hello Pao,

Nice to know this is working now. Coming to the possible reason why it got stuck while you ran the command show config could be because of the following reason:

show config - while copying and pasting to or from a different machine will not work - because of the ordering objects sometimes.

Pao_Morales
New Contributor
Hello!

thanks for your response, I was in telnet  . today in the morning I tried again and switch was working fine .. I don't know what exactly happened.

GTM-P2G8KFN