cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ExtremeCloud Layer 7 not Working ?

ExtremeCloud Layer 7 not Working ?

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
I´m building current my first ExtremeCloud Solution in our Demo Lab and wanted to test the "App Filter"
I have created a Network with an own SSID + WPA2 and a own Role. The Role does contain only 2 rules .. "First Rule .. "deny Application Facebook" Second rule .. "let pass all the other traffice" .... but after 10 minutes waiting .. i can surf to Facebook .. and post there without Problem. Has anyone of you already testet this "App Filter" and it worked ??
14 REPLIES 14

Paulo_Francisco
Extreme Employee
In terms of applicaton signatures, please keep in mind as well that while Application providers (Facebook, ....) strive to provide a constant look and feel across various platforms, the actual underlying implementations very significantly from one platform to another. This is due to the characteristics of the underlying OS, APIs and mechanism available, content delivery capabilities and restrictions, commercial agreements and sometimes just software maintenance changes, the application streams will vary significantly from one platform to another - mostly invisible to the end user. We strive to keep our signature sets as accurate as possible and rollout new updates when available in the AP firmware. Latest signature sets have been rolled out with ExtremeWireless(TM) 10.21.01.

The latest ExtremeCloud(TM) 3.21.03 upgrade is currently rolling out the upgrade of managed and supported access points to ExtremeWireless v10.21.02. May take several days for all APs to be at that newer release (from 10.04.01). Please check the version of your managed AP and try again once your APs are at the latest firmware revision.

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
i will open a case to get an official Statement wether a 3912 is working with Layer 7 Filterung or not .

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. ExtremeCloud will support the AP3912i in our next release, currently scheduled for the end of this month (February). Let's connect offline as this is most likely why you are having issues with application filters on this AP model

info_systemhaus
New Contributor II
.... gave my holy breakfest siesta to this problem 
I think it´s a Problem of the new AP3912 ... i have today tested an other AP 3935i .. and have used the same role .. and there it works .. "official all 39XX AP support Policy and Layer 7 Filtering" but i think the new AP3912 dont know this
GTM-P2G8KFN