Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Factory reset B2G124-48 without console access

Factory reset B2G124-48 without console access

Paulo_Pereira
New Contributor
Hello everyone.

I Recently got a B2G124-48 switch. When trying to access it through the console interface, nothing happens. I can not get any feedback from the console, even after performing the admin password reset procedure.
Apparently, this switch was a stack member.

Is there any way to clean the settings without accessing the switch through the console?

Best Regards

10 REPLIES 10

Atux_Atux
New Contributor
Hi. i do have an Enterasys B5G124-48 switch that i would like to reset to defaults due to forgotten password. I got the console and it prompts "This switch is manager of the stack". I unplug it from power and plug it again and press the reset pin next to "stack down". Unfortunately it does not reset to factory defaults. i tried to follow the guidelines from https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/password_recovery_for_the_securestack_series-1j... without success.
Any ideas please?

Paulo_Pereira
New Contributor
Hi,

ok, as there was a strong suspicion of failure/damage, I decided to open the unit and investigate.
After a while I found the problem. Was the small flat cable that connects the board to the external console plug.
After replacing the flat cable, everything works perfectly.

The strange thing is, how does an internal cable, which is not touched by anyone, breaks/damage ??? Anyway ...

Now, it is to explore and know the limits of the machine ...

Thanks to everyone for the tips, I got very good impression of the community.
I hope to come to help, as you helped me!

Best Regards

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Paulo,
I'm glad to hear that were able to figure it out and get it working again! Barring other factors (shock, connector stresses, etc.), temperature changes can sometimes cause connectors to work their way loose. Maybe that happened in this case?

Come back and visit us often here! I hope you'll find that we're a helpful and friendly bunch of people willing and eager to help.

-Drew

Paulo_Pereira
New Contributor
Hello everyone,

I apologize for the delay, but I've been a little busy.

That was the first things I checked, the pin-out (Only three pins, 2, 3 and 5, which correspond respectively to the RX, TX, and GND), the cable and the connection settings.

This equipment uses the same pin-out and definitions of many others. The only difference to others is the connector, in this case it is a male connector.

After debating me for so long with the question, I'm starting to assume that I have a defective unit.

Best Regards
GTM-P2G8KFN