cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few IP phones disconnecting frequently connected to extreme switch

Few IP phones disconnecting frequently connected to extreme switch

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
We have few IP phones connected to extreme switch , single port carries both voice and data vlan. Both voip abd data have static it's. All Ports are configured as tag for voice and untag for data. Some pc's and printers are directly connected to switch ports (not through phones) and have static IP configured from data vlan. Is there any possibility of above causing few phones to hang....?
17 REPLIES 17

Darin_Seiler
New Contributor
We did a unconfigure switch all and then upgraded the firmware track to 22.x code and issue with mac auth and Unify phone went away

LeoP1
Contributor
Hi Darin,

I'm having some issues with UNIFY IP Phones too...

Any news?

Best regards

Darin_Seiler
New Contributor
I have a similar issue with an active GTAC case open. GTAC has reviewed my DHCP bootprelay configuration and routing.

Environment: X450-G2 Summit with 16.1.3.6 code

Scenario: Data untagged, voice tagged. A Siemens Unify phone will randomly not obtain an IP from VLAN ID discovery through DHCP. Doesn't matter which switchport. We have 802.1x and MAC auth enabled. Disabling MAC authentication on the port seems to always allow the phone to complete its DHCP discovery process. When a phone does not pull an IP, the MAC is not learned in the voice vlan.

I have found 3 ways to get the phone to work in the meantime 1) Disable netlogin mac on the port 2) Run a disable port x followed by enable port x commands 3) Move the phone to a different switchport.

Disabling inline-power to the switchport, physically unplugging the phone and plugging it back in, replacing the phone with a new phone, replacing the patch cable all have no affect. DHCP PCs (using untagged data vlan) using the phone's pass through work fine all of the time.

We run the same configuration on many K-Series, S-Series, N-Series and have no issues with Unify phones.

Sai_Prasad_Rao_
New Contributor III
makes sense

cheers 
GTM-P2G8KFN