cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware download for x450a-24t

Firmware download for x450a-24t

Peter_Millard
New Contributor II
I have recent bought an old x450a-24t from Ebay and I am trying to download the latest firmware for this switch. I have bought this for a home lab to learn more about the xos operating system. Can anybody tell me th best way to go about this? Also how can I tell the level of licence applied to th switch? Many thanks, Pete
20 REPLIES 20

Daniel_Steglich
New Contributor
We have bought a Summit X450a-24t quite a long time ago and I want to bring this device to a recent firmware version. We bought this device from a distributor, which seems not to exist any more. We did not received a portal login from this distributor. Can any one tell me how I can get firmware download for this device?

Any Chance to receive that firmware file?

Any Chance to receive that firmware file?

Did you get any answer regarding this? Its a ridiculous idea for a company like this to not offer updates / patches, even to second hand equipment! The other big boys are more than happy to do this - time for a rethink?!

Tomasz
Valued Contributor II
Hi Simon,

Do those other big boys also update firmware for devices that are End-of-Sale since 6 years and End-of-Life since almost a year (I know, in June 18' X450a was still under support life)? Or do you mean just an access to the last firmware version provided?

Actually, older devices like X450a had a warranty that did not cover firmware upgrades, one had to buy a service contract to be entitled. And since X450a switch is long time after any support, it's a matter of asking the community if anybody has a firmware for the box.

I believe you are able to get updates for a second hand EXOS device same as first hand as long as its warranty covers upgrades or if you have a valid service contract (with X450a it's no longer possible to get one).

Regarding distributors... Reseller partners with Extreme directly with one link, partnership with distributor is another relationship that can change over time, when one distributor falls down nothing can stop anybody from using another one, regarding some previous posts.

Quite recent topic on second hand equipment: https://community.extremenetworks.com/general-discussion-222427/buying-used-switch-on-ebay-howto-get-updates-7575457

Hope that helps,
Tomasz
GTM-P2G8KFN