Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Governance Engine

Governance Engine

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi,

are there more informations available.

I'd see the product in the price list and the webpage shows only the datasheet with some marketing yada yada.

Is that only a license for EMC or another VM server ... what do I need to test this and is it available now, is there a trial license.

Thx,
Ron
15 REPLIES 15

AntonS
Contributor II
very interesting
as our company needs to fulfill PCI-DSS standards I was intressted in this new feature.
but as it looks it is too early for that

i didn't knew a seperate license is needed!

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Anyone from the EMC team that like to comment on the wrong information in the report ?

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I've run the PCI test on all my devices but I'd like to concentrate on the wireless controller because I've a little bit experience on that one 🙂

My setup is a V2110 pair running 10.31.04 - all APs are on #1 and #2 is my standby.
As they run in an availability pair all settings should be equal.

The result of the PCI test is that #1 passed with 89% and #2 failed with 5%.
Also the number of test failed in the diagram doesn't reflect the number of failed test in the list of tests in both cases.

Here a screenshot of both results with a filter on failed tests....

f8054f67546746068077d49e4e539e44_RackMultipart20170728-60389-w4bib-EMC_Governance_01_inline.png

f8054f67546746068077d49e4e539e44_RackMultipart20170728-127840-8aujyg-EMC_Governance_02_inline.png

Let's get into detail....

failed test#1&2 on both EWCs = secure connections (Disable weak ciphers for secure connections)
On both EWCs (in GUI > Controller > Network > Secure Connections > enable Weak Cipers) the checkmark isn't set = disabled

failed test#5 only on EWC#2 = Default AP modes - strong cluster-shared secret
On both EWCs (in GUI > AP > Global > Registration > Secure Cluster > Cluster Shared Secret) the same pw is set - I think it's the default - in my case MvrDqIeb

failed test#5-7 only on EWC#1 = Implement a strong password SNMP admin user
On both EWCs (in GUI > Controller> Network > SNMP > SNMPv3) the same user snmpuser with default pw is set

Summary: Even both controllers of the pair have the same settings I get different results on the individual test and one controller passes the overall score with 89% and the second fails the score with 5%.

-Ron

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Thanks I'll give it a try.
GTM-P2G8KFN