cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Guest Wireless Network

Guest Wireless Network

JimAikey
New Contributor
Setting up a guest wireless network using AP-7522 WiNG Express access points. I created vlan 2 for this and am using DHCP on the VC for this vlan. When I am in range of the VC it works flawlessly however when I try to connect to it when near another access point on the network I can see the SSID however it never gets an IP address. Any ideas of what to try next to get the other access point to use the DHCP server on the VC.They are all adopted under the VC. Thanks for any help!
8 REPLIES 8

Shay_Weir
New Contributor II
Trunk vs access port depends on the switch you are connecting to. Be sure that the AP ge1 port and switch port match the one used. If you use an allowed statement on one, be sure to use on the other.

BrandonC
Extreme Employee
I agree with what has been said, it sounds like a connectivity issue on the wired side back to the VC. I'd make sure that the VLAN exists everywhere it should (on the wired side) and the non-VC AP has its port configured as a trunk with VLAN 2 allowed.

A quick check would be to see if the switch port facing the non-VC AP has an FDB/MAC-table entry for the AP in VLAN 2.

Christoph_S
Extreme Employee
Hello Jim,

When you created VLAN 2 did you configure the ge1 port as trunk and allowed vlan 2 on said port? The same should be done on the switch ports the APs are connected to.

Thank you,

Chris
Christoph S.

JimAikey
New Contributor
I'm by no means an expert on IP. Shay, where would I look for an "IP helper"? Andy, I created the VLAN2 on the other cisco switches on the network but I saw nowhere to configure the new subnet DHCP scope on the switches. Jeremy, it's not a signal issue as I can connect to the wireless network on VLAN1 that is using the DHCP server on our active directory server. The problem is when I am within the range of another access point that isn't the VC.
GTM-P2G8KFN