Hello. I sometimes have alarms of elrp but anybody is working with the switches!!!!!

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • Solved
Hello. I have a 25 Summit X460G2-48p with Data, VoIP and CCTV, I have a VLAN configured for cctv and elrp is configured. But sometimes I have alrams of  LOOP in cctv vlan. I don ́t no what is the problem in my switches. I have to configure somthing else for video ??

Regards.
Photo of Angel Pavon

Angel Pavon

• 544 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of David Rahn

David Rahn

• 974 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

does ELRP block the port? is there anyway that the port is actually looped on the other end ( or on a switch that is down stream)?

share your elrp config, if it is periodic it would reenable the port and the loop would come back and then the elrp would disable the port again.

Photo of Angel Pavon

Angel Pavon

Hello David thansk for you answer.

I have configured elrp like this:

enable elrp-client
configure elrp-client periodic Default ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Admon_Datos ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Datos_P9 ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Invitados_WIFI ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Voz_P9 ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Admon_WIFI ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Servicios ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Aruba_2 ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Aruba_3 ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Aruba_4 ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic Aruba_5 ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client periodic CCTV ports all interval 1 log-and-trap disable-port ingress permanent
configure elrp-client disable-port exclude 1:52

I have the LOOP in the port 1:52 but this is the trunk port to the CORE and is configured like exclude.
Photo of Jorge Cota

Jorge Cota

• 440 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Buenas tardes Angel.

Ya revisaste los Logs en el equipo Core?, es posible que el Loop se esté generando en otro equipo y te este llegando por el troncal.
Photo of David Rahn

David Rahn

• 974 Points 500 badge 2x thumb

Jorge has a good point, the loop detection could be seeing a loop anywhere on the network... so the core is seeing a loop somewhere on the other side of port 1:52

this could even be a port elsewhere that has ELRP shutting it down, it just takes long enough that this switch detects the loop.

Photo of Angel Pavon

Angel Pavon

Que tla Jorge

De hecho tengo en mis equipos Extreme conectados switches cisco que son a donde se conectan las camaras. Podrían ser estos equipos los que me estan provocando la alrma del loop ??

Saludos
Photo of Erik Auerswald

Erik Auerswald, Embassador

• 12,886 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Angel,

you are using ELRP to block the ingress port, that is the port receiving the ELRP frame sent from the switch. This can help against loops local to the switch from one access port to the other, but if there is a loop involving another switch in the network, ELRP will detect it, but it cannot block it, because the ELRP frame is received on the uplink (which is exempted from ELRP disable).

If you use ELRP to block the egress port, ELRP can block the access port that is part of the loop, breaking the loop.

Please see Hub thread Help, I need to configure elrp for additional info.

Thanks,
Erik