Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, I need to configure elrp

Help, I need to configure elrp

Susana_Tovar
New Contributor II
Hello All,

I need configure elrp in switch X460-24t version 16.1.4.2 patch1-7 but i don't know what option to choose, i have this options:
  • Log-and-trap disable-port egress permanent
  • Log disable-port ingress permanent
What is the difference between Log-and-trap disable-port egress permanent and Log disable-port ingress permanent

Thanks everyone for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

That makes sense, all our user ports trunk voice vlan but not trunk for the data side. I appreciate the explanation.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

treese
Contributor
I'm ready to enable this but just so I'm clear, I should enable ELRP blocking on egress on access ports and no ELRP on my uplinks? I have MLAG configured on all my edge and TOR switches and should have L2 loop prevention on those as well. Thanks

That makes sense, all our user ports trunk voice vlan but not trunk for the data side. I appreciate the explanation.

Not always. Servers with multiple VLAN interfaces (i.e trunk) could still be considered "edge". Basically any switch port not connected to a switch/router.

Chad, when you mentioned edge ports your talking about end stations connected to switch ports (non trunking access ports)? Thank you
GTM-P2G8KFN