-------- --------------- --------------
ge.4.7 0 48751000
ge.4.26 0 87754431
ge.4.38 0 47367545
ge.5.34 0 28592459
ge.5.36 0 49402054
ge.5.38 0 158671480
ge.5.46 0 39917565
What does it mean? How can I clear the RX Pause Count in order to start counting from "zero" again. I would like to see the data increasing. Frequentely I lost the uplink connectio from S8 to distribution switch. Can I troubleshoot this issue?Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
My opinion on the topic.....

If I troubleshoot I don't want to write down current counters and then 10 minutes later subtract that from the current counter to get the result for the change - I want to set them to 0 - during troubleshooting I've better things to do then solving math tasks or using some kind of app to show me the difference.

Another thing....there is nothing more annoying then sending a "show support" to the GTAC and then get the answer that some error counters have high numbers even that was because of some issue months ago and has nothing to do with the current problem that I'm working on.

For me "clear counter" is the most basic command that must exist on a CLI.

I second this, the ability to not clear counters is absolutely ridiculous. You should at least have the abilities to set the option to clear the counters or maybe just lock out counter clearing if you so desire

Jason_Parker
Contributor
Adding to Dan's comments
You could utilize the software EMC formally Netsight Console and use the "execute command" script tool (right click on the icon and select execute command script and type the following commands (for the ports in question) various times of the day (as it could be a factor of certain timed events) and then compare the files.

set length 0
show port flowcontrol ge.4.7
show port flowcontrol ge.4.26
show port flowcontrol ge.4.38
show port flowcontrol ge.5.34
show port flowcontrol ge.5.36
show port flowcontrol ge.5.38
show port flowcontrol ge.5.46

If you decide to check all of your switches with
set length 0
show port flowcontrol *.*.*

Then download a free tool called examdiff (it has a apple and pear picture) and compare the
files by show differences only between the any 2 collect

Makes life a bit easier
and also note the big picture
it could be a:
1. Mis-configuration of switch
2. Faulty NIC or wiring
3. Cabling
4. Low end PC,
5. Printers that should not be seeing traffic(like Multicast
6. Congestion
7. etc.

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'm surprised but it looks like that this basic function is not implemented ....

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-do-you-clear-port-counters-on-a-Matrix...
GTM-P2G8KFN