Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ho to extend trial license, on extreme x460-48t

Ho to extend trial license, on extreme x460-48t

Sergio_Galvez
New Contributor II
Hi experts,

I have 2 extreme switches x460-48t on a Trial on Customer Network, The Core licenses are already purchased, but the 30 free days are running out, so, I know that the Trial License could be extended another 30 days, but which is the procedure to extend it, and if it's true that IS NEEDED TO UPGRADE TO A DIFFERENT SOFTWARE TO CAN EXTEND THE LICENSE??? since now the switches had the latest one.

Thanks for your comments

Sergio

3 REPLIES 3

Sergio_Galvez
New Contributor II
Hi, Bill & Tuang,

Yesterday my current License's status was 8 days to expire the trial, I applied the following commant: "debug epm enable trial-license" directly on the prompt, and with this, the Trial License was extended for 30 days more, without any software modification, I just rebooted the switch now, and my current status is 30 days to expiration now  .

@Bill, Thanks for your support!
@Tuang, please note you do not need to do any software modification

Best Regards

Sergio

Bill_Stritzinge
Extreme Employee
Sergio,

All you need to do is re-run the trial license command and it will give you another 30 days. Let me know if you have any issues.

Bill

I'm having a similar problem.

In "ExtremeXOS_Feature_License_Requirements" :

You can obtain a trial license, which allows you to use the license for 30, 60, or 90 days, and you can downgrade trial licenses to a lower software license level during the trial period. Most feature packs are enabled. After you enable the trial license, the switch behaves as if all software license levels and feature packs are enabled. The trial license key contains all the necessary information on the license level and the number of days. Once you have a trial license for any one of these periods, you cannot extend the time of the trial. Trial licenses can be applied only once for each software version; if you upgrade to a different software version, you can reapply your trial license.

I understand that, the trial license only can renew when changing version, can't it?
GTM-P2G8KFN