cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I program wireless for connect a certain time the users or change the password??

How can I program wireless for connect a certain time the users or change the password??

Angel_Pavon1
New Contributor III
I am a manager of a WLAN, we have a C5210 controller and 15 AP 3825i, i want to program the wireless to the users are connected a certain time, this is for security. How can I do this?

Regards
10 REPLIES 10

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
You could also write a script that you install in the wireless controller's crontab. You could have it shut off the network port. Assuming you're BHWC... and not the AP.

Pascal_Lurquin
New Contributor II
Another possibility is to use the script to disable inline power ... more efficiency  and enable it in the morning

Bin
Extreme Employee
Angel, Jeremy is correct. In NAC, there is rule components calls "Time of Day" which allows you to specify network access requirements or restrictions based on the day and time when the end user is accessing the network. For example, traditional work hours or weekend work hours.

Also, if you want to change the default expiration for guest registration in NAC.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Q_A/How-to-change-the-default-timeout-for-guest-r...

Best regards

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Also, if you have NAC, you could just assign a different role at different times.
GTM-P2G8KFN