cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to alert for uplink RX or TX errors on uplink port (XOS and netsight)

How to alert for uplink RX or TX errors on uplink port (XOS and netsight)

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hello,

We use netsight 7.1 console to do basic traps and syslog. Is it possible, that netsight could send me an email alert if a problem was seen on an *uplink* port to a stack. I don't want to have to manually run a report, I'd like to have an email sent out like we have for our traps.

Setup: 460 g1s running 16 code (XOS) ports 1:53-54 are shared lacp

Sometimes the fiber at our locations degrades overtime and affects the uplink (Massive TX or RX errors are seen with the show port 1:53-54 rx or tx is ran).

Is there a way for netsight or the switch itself to monitor these ports, so we can be alerted when things start building up? We have port elements setup in netsight, but I can't seem to see any option that would fit in that setup.

Any other options you can think of?

Thank you,

Sarah

4 REPLIES 4

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
That looks promising, thank you!

Karthik_Mohando
Extreme Employee

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
thanks for the idea, will check it out

Volker_Kull
Contributor
Hi !

If you see these errors on interface statistics for

Statistic Name: Interface % Error Packets. Source: ifInDiscards + ifOutDiscards + ifInErrors + ifOutErrors + ifInUnknownProtos

you can use a threshold alarm in Netsight alarm manager for %error packets. For this you need to enable interface monitoring (Monitor - Save statistics for 1 hour and then drop. Use this mode for threshold alarms.) on the ports you want to monitor.

I am not sure if you will see all the errors there but it can be an indicator.

br
Volker

GTM-P2G8KFN