How to assigned static IP to machine using DHCP server on Summit X430-24t switch?

• Question
  • Updated 2 years ago
  • Answered
Hello Commumnity,

I have configured DHCP server on Summit X430-24t switch. I want to allocate a dedicated IPs to some servers using DHCP-binding. After going through documentation, I found command "configure ip-security dhcp-binding add ip ip_address mac mac_address {vlan} vlan_name server-port server_port client-port client_port lease-time seconds".

I don't know what is server_port and client_port. There are not much details about it in documentation.

Can anyone please me, how to assign static IPs to the servers using switch DHCP server?

Warm Regards,
Arun
Photo of Arun Verma

Arun Verma

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 2 years ago

Photo of OscarK

OscarK, ESE

• 7,702 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
The dhcp server on EXOS is basic and does not give the possibility to hand out 'static' IP addresses to fixed clients. ip-security is not meant for handing out dhcp, it is a security feature.
Photo of Henrique

Henrique, Employee

• 10,302 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
"This commands allows you to add a DHCP binding in order to re-create the bindings after reboot and to allow IP Security features to work with clients having static IP addresses."

As already said by Oscar, this is part of IP-Security feature and not to be used to assign static IP do any devices.
Photo of Arun Verma

Arun Verma

• 162 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Thanks Oscark and Henrique for your help.