cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assigned static IP to machine using DHCP server on Summit X430-24t switch?

How to assigned static IP to machine using DHCP server on Summit X430-24t switch?

Arun_Verma
New Contributor
Hello Commumnity,

I have configured DHCP server on Summit X430-24t switch. I want to allocate a dedicated IPs to some servers using DHCP-binding. After going through documentation, I found command "configure ip-security dhcp-binding add ip ip_address mac mac_address {vlan} vlan_name server-port server_port client-port client_port lease-time seconds".

I don't know what is server_port and client_port. There are not much details about it in documentation.

Can anyone please me, how to assign static IPs to the servers using switch DHCP server?

Warm Regards,
Arun

5 REPLIES 5

Chris_H
Extreme Employee

it’s still the same.. those are switches and not meant for more-in-depth DHCP functionality. 

ARPcPro
New Contributor

Was there any improvement since this post was created or the dhcp server is still basic?

On my X670-G2 I could not find a way to assign the same IP address to a specific MAC.

Arun_Verma
New Contributor
Thanks Oscark and Henrique for your help.

Henrique
Extreme Employee
"This commands allows you to add a DHCP binding in order to re-create the bindings after reboot and to allow IP Security features to work with clients having static IP addresses."

As already said by Oscar, this is part of IP-Security feature and not to be used to assign static IP do any devices.
GTM-P2G8KFN