cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to block Facebook, Youtube in WiNG AP-7522?

How to block Facebook, Youtube in WiNG AP-7522?

Long_Tran
New Contributor III
Hi all,
My company uses AP-7522 for wireless system. I want block Facebook, Youtube and streaming of video and music in AP-7522.
I used Application Policy to block them. But i can only block Facebook in browser of laptop or Desktop; Facebook in Mobile Phone is not blocked. And Youtube is not blocked in both Laptop, mobile phone. And i don't know how to block streaming of video and music.

Help me please! Thank you very much.
5 REPLIES 5

Abir_Das
Extreme Employee
can you share the app policy configuration. again, when you block a application or a category it gets instantly blocked. the problem is client cache, and we can't do anything about.
try block facebook and then try to load some new data on clients, 100% you won't be able to load furthur more.

This file isn't available anymore ļ˜ž

Timo1
New Contributor II
Why is it not possible to block a user, that is already login? If I create a Application Policy and block HTTPS CN facebook for example, I'll assume, that you block all traffic.

Bin
Extreme Employee
Please check this document about AVC feature on WiNG
https://documentation.extremenetworks.com/ExtremeWireless/BENEFITS_OF_WING_APPLICATION_VISIBILITY_&a...

But, very agree with Alona's commends:
  • On the mobile phone - if user is already logged into Facebook - hard to prevent, but new connection should be denied.
Best regards
GTM-P2G8KFN