cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to configure an alarm in NAC?

How to configure an alarm in NAC?

David_Negrete
New Contributor
Hello everyone.I would like to know how to set an alarm to notify me when an end system is disconnected from the wireless network. Do not know if this can be done?

I have installed NetSight Suite v.6.1.0

Thank you for your help

regards
3 REPLIES 3

TylerMarcotte
Extreme Employee
Hi David,
Are you just looking for an email alert? If so, you can use the NAC notification tool to do this. With NAC Manager open, you can go to Tools -> Management and Configuration -> Notifications.

In there you can create different notifications for different states and triggers. Let me know if you need more detail, but I think that should get you in the right direction.

Tyler

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I'm sure there is more then one way but I've set this up as I'd already everything rdy....

My WLAN Controller is sending all events as SNMP trap to Netsight Console
WLAN Controller GUI > Controller > Logs > System Log Level

Now you should get all Events in the Netsight Console Traps section.
The only thing left is to create a new alarm to match for whatever text message you want.
In my case I've 802.1X with RADIUS Accounting enabled so I get the following trap in case a client is disconnected/left the area....

02/12/15 19:43:35InfoRadius AccountingClient [40:B3:95:3D:BA:5A] on VNS [SecureAccess] is deregistered with termination code: 4 [Idle Timeout].

Keep in mind that the session will be kept for another 30min (default) in the database - so you'll get the trap 30min after the client leave/disconnect.

Open "Alarms Manager" in Netsight Console and ...
- add new alarm
- checkmark the "enable alarm" field
- in criteria choose "by custom criteria" and in the last section match for text and create a new entry with the text that you'd like to match
- in action choose the type that you want i.e. email - if you'd like to rx a lot of mail
- save

-----UrsprĆ¼ngliche Nachricht-----
Von: cloud.wlan@xxx [mailto:cloud.wlan@xxx]
Gesendet: Thursday, February 12, 2015 7:44 PM
An: Dvorak, Ronald
Betreff: NetSight Info Alarm: WLAN disconnect

Device: 10.12.0.1
Severity: Info
Message: Radius Accounting : Client [40:B3:95:3D:BA:5A] on VNS [SecureAccess] is deregistered with termination code: 4 [Idle Timeout].

Ronald Thanks for your answer, I will try to implement your advice and observe what the result.

Thanks for the support.

regards
GTM-P2G8KFN