cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

How to configure DynDNS in WiNG controller

Jimmyb
New Contributor
Please share configuration details or templates for integrating DynDNS in WiNG controller version 5.9
3 REPLIES 3

Ondrej_Lepa
Extreme Employee
Hi Jimmy,

You can take parts from WiNG default configuration as follows:
interface pppoe1
description PPPoE Client interface
auth-type pap
idle-time 600
no keepalive
no username
no password
no service-name
local-net vlan 1
mtu 1492
no ip address
shutdown
no crypto map
no ip nat
no use ip-access-list in
ip default-gateway priority 2000It is going to be as easy as mapping values you have on other side.

In case of DDNS you may follow similar guidance, provided within CLI reference guide
Search for ddns (dhcpv4-pool-config) on page 1438
ddns domainname
ddns multiple-user-class
ddns server [|] {|}
ddns ttl <1-864000>All available documentation can be found on Extreme Networks portal

Regards,
Ondrej

Im not sure that's what the OP was asking for (and not what I'd like to know!)

Having examined the user guide, and what is possible in the WiNG AP configuration, I suspect the answer is no, but:

Is it even possible to use an access point to perform dynamic updates to a service such as DynDNS / No-IP, which are intended for domestic Internet subscribers with a non-static IP address to ensure that their home IP is always resolvable from any Internet DNS server.

(This has been possible in Cisco IOS, for example, since version 12.2, I think, using the "ddns" config).

I hope I've described that properly. Thanks for looking!

Looks like it's not possible. Not even sure what's the ddns command for. I can see it in user guides from WiNG 4 times so it's been there for a while.

You'll have to find another way.
GTM-P2G8KFN