cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to Configure QoS for video IP on Summit X430

How to Configure QoS for video IP on Summit X430

David_Negrete
New Contributor
Hi everyone, I have a Summit X430-24p switch and I want your help for know configure QoS for IP video surveillance cameras on HD. The problem is the video shows pixels on the image quality and sometimes the video frozen. The video has a Vlan for this purpose. Do you have any idea to how configured this?

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3

Andrew_Maldonad
Extreme Employee
David,

Here is a great article that goes over configuring QoS.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/Configuring-QOS-profiles-and-verify-QOS-is...

-Andrew

EtherMAN
Contributor III
Lots of how too's on QOS... Real question is will it help... Adding QOS on a switch that is not being taxed for a video stream when there may be a router involved or multiple feeds going into an undersized server/workstation.... so on and so on... Best advice I can give you is you to look at everything from encoder to decoder to figure out why you are dropping a video feed... If you could give us a bit more info several in the group have video services we provide and may be able to help much more than just applying a QOS .... (stepping off soapbox) ļ™‚

Thanks EterhMan, I appreciate your information. Try to gather more information about it to share with you and find a solution to this problem.

Cheers
GTM-P2G8KFN