cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to connect extreme switch to a another switch

how to connect extreme switch to a another switch

Adam_longtin
New Contributor
What I am trying to do I am not sure if it is even possible, I am trying to setup a testing lab in my house to have 2 vm host running server 2012 on to different subnets so this is how I want to set this up if possible and please tell me if it is not Coming from my modem plugged into pfsense firewall running 192.168.20.2 on the lan side From the firewall plugs into my Extreme switch x250e switch all untagged ports from here to my vm host my server 2012 r2 is setup as a domain controller, DHCP, and DNS on 192.168.20.1/24 this is all working fine , The problem is I have another switch that is a Dell power connect that is running another vm host On this server 2012 r2 is setup as Domain Controller, DHCP, and DNS running ip range 192.168.30.1/24 Is there a way to connect the Extreme switch to the Dell switch to pass traffic back and fourth on both subnets so I can access any other servers or clients on either subnet and Have internet running on both subnets running with 1 modem and firewall Any help would be great
7 REPLIES 7

Adam_longtin
New Contributor
Ok so I added the vlans to the xtreme switch and the ipforwards I have my second switch at default settings still no connection between the 2 subnets also I just want to say I am very new to setting this kind of network up so if I am asking very dumb question I just don't know how to get this configured properly and am looking for some help. Thanks for all the help

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Adam,
Take a look at my post in this thread to see if it helps explain things any better: https://community.extremenetworks.com/extreme/topics/iproute-if-only-using-l2

Adam_longtin
New Contributor
ok i added these vlans and all the commands provided but they are still not comunicating with each other. The first subnet 192.168.20.1/24 works fine and will not talk to 192.168.30.1/24

DO I need to add anything to the Dell switch or no

Adam_longtin
New Contributor
So with the pic I have uploaded will I still use these commands to do this create vlan v20 tag 20 create vlan v30 tag 30 configure vlan v20 ipaddress 192.168.20.254/24 configure vlan v30 ipaddress 192.168.30.254/24 enable ipforwarding v20 enable ipforwarding v30 config default delete ports all config vlan v20 add port all untagged config vlan v30 add port 10 tagged # port 10 to vmware server configure iproute add default 192.168.20.2 -------------- you home router will need to route to 192.168.30.0/24 next hop 192.168.20.254 Also I dont have a home router I have a all in one modem from comcast with a static ip going to pfsense
GTM-P2G8KFN