cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a single SSID with multiple vlans ?

How to create a single SSID with multiple vlans ?

Yakup_Erdol
New Contributor III
Hi all,

I have deployed a Netsight server, a Extreme NAC server and a c5210 wireless controller.

On the Wireless controller side:
I created a WLAN service with authentication mode 802.1x which is using a single radius server (Extreme NAC IA-A-20) for auth & acct.

I also created a role with default action:
Access Control: containment VLAN
VLAN: vlan212

Clicked Advanced >> Added vlan212, vlan300, vlan211 to be used. I have not defined any policy rules.

Then I defined a VNS to bind this WLAN service to this Role when user is authenticated.

On the NAC side:

I added the EWC to access control engine as "Extreme identiFi Wireless".

I created two policy roles. One of them is configured to contain to vlan211 and the other is configured to contain to vlan300.

Note
: when I try to enforce domain data to wireless controller, "cannot remove active Role -XXXX- from EWC ..." error occurs.

Then I have tested with two wireless clients. I can see that both clients are assigned to these different NAC profiles successfully. But they are assigned to same vlan212.

Is it possible to assign clients with different NAC profiles to different Vlans on the same SSID ?

Thanks.
13 REPLIES 13

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
I strongly advice you to pay an Extreme Partner to do it for you / show you the basic functions during the installation.

Here a list for your country...
http://www.extremenetworks.com/partners/find-a-partner/location/Europe-Middle-East-Africa/TR/?show-p....

Or you'd attend the official training for wirless and NAC...
http://www.extremenetworks.com/education/courses/

BR,
Ron

Yakup_Erdol
New Contributor III
And why "cannot remove active Role -XXXX- from EWC ..." error occurs when enforcing the policy on Netsight ?

I thought it was the plural form of "CoSe" 🙂

Thanks for the great explanation.

On the VNS page of the wireless controller you have (from top to bottom) : Global , Sites, Virtual Networks, WLAN Sevices , Roles , Class of Service , Topologies .
CoS is Class of Service .
Roles and Class of Service can be configured right on the wireless controller , or on Extreme Management (in the Policy section) and pushed to the Wireless Controller . If you configure CoS first on wireless Controller , it will prevent ExtremeManagement to push and override it . Ideally if you start using Policy from ExtremeManagement , do not touch Roles and Class of Services on the controller - do all you changes on ExtremeManagement Policy instead.
GTM-P2G8KFN