Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Factory Reset x440-48p-10g after forgetting password

How to Factory Reset x440-48p-10g after forgetting password

Rory_Schmitz
New Contributor II

BootRom> config none doesnt work...

I don't have a fail safe account set up.

Is there any other option besides trying to mess with TFTP and get a new image onto the switch described here:https://extremeportal.force.com/ExtrArticleDetail?an=000074224

I just want to start over as quickly as possibly without having to try and set up a TFTP server and download an image.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

cairo007
New Contributor
Are you able to link me to that or any firmware for X440-48T? I am having trouble accessing the firmware as the switches I acquired do not have the support contact valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

cairo007
New Contributor
Are you able to link me to that or any firmware for X440-48T? I am having trouble accessing the firmware as the switches I acquired do not have the support contact valid. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

Rory_Schmitz
New Contributor II
I was able to get XOS 15.7.4 loaded and factory reset. The TFTP process was a bit easier than I recall if using a straight forward TFTP Server (TFTPD). Thank you both for your help.

BradP
Extreme Employee
Rory,

Thanks for the response. It appears that you are running one of the bootroms that does not have that as a possible solution.

The banner that I'm referring to is the configurable banner that displays before logging into the switch. Most customers use it to warn against unauthorized access, to identify the system, or other notifications.

Thanks
Brad

Rory_Schmitz
New Contributor II
Thank you both for the replies.

@Brad, upon initial boot, I see the message to hold space bar to get into BootRom, then ran the 'config none', I received some sort of error basically that the command doesn't exist. What is the banner you are referring to? The message at initial boot to press and hold space bar? admin/no password didn't work

@Brandon, I was afraid of this. Is there any recommended XOS version I should be downloading for this? We just received the switch last week and it came with 15.3.1b4 preinstalled. Looks like I have plenty of options to choose from. The newest from each version I see is, 15.7.4, 16.5.5, 21.1.1-patch1-5. None of which mean much to me.

The switch is going to be stacked eventually, but we're not doing anything fancy with it. Just an edge/IDF switch connecting back to our x670 cores and the MDF.
GTM-P2G8KFN