How to get the latest version of Zebra/Moto 7131 AP firmware?

• Question
  • Updated 3 months ago
  • Answered
Dear all,

I found it very difficult for me to find out and download the previous Zebra/Moto 7131 AP firmware in the new site, and the support resource in Zebra.com has been shutdown and cannot be accessed.

Could anyone help me on this? Thank you.

B/R, Daniel
Photo of Daniel Chen

Daniel Chen

• 160 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 1 year ago

Photo of Drew C.

Drew C., Community Manager

• 37,350 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Daniel,
The release notes and firmware for the AP7131 can be found on our Extranet site. Specifically, here: https://extranet.extremenetworks.com/downloads/Pages/ExtremeWirelessWiNGAccessPointsEOS.aspx

Since they're in the "End of Sale" tab, it's a little difficult to find.

-Drew
Photo of Ryan MacGowan

Ryan MacGowan

• 72 Points
I just registered an account and it does not show any firmware for me. Do you provide any mirror links?
Photo of Drew C.

Depending on how long it has been since your account was created, you may need to wait a little while for the access permissions to propagate through to the portal.
Photo of Daniel Chen

Daniel Chen

I myself still cannot see any of them, I think my profile time is long enough and it should be the privilege issue cause I don't think anybody will see them until permission granted for his/her account.
Photo of Ryan MacGowan

Ryan MacGowan

• 72 Points
Still cant see it today, and Daniel has been trying for 2 months based on the age of this post. 

Drew is there anything you can do? Even just an email with the firmware would work, I really need the latest version in order to get my home network up and running again.

These firmwares are impossible to find even from an external source. 
Photo of Drew C.

In this case, it means that the system doesn't think you have entitlement. Whether that's correct or not is another discussion...
I'll email each of you to get more information.
Photo of Daniel Mejia

Daniel Mejia, Employee

• 954 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi Daniel,

AP71XX - WiNG 5.8.5 firmware is located on the "firmware" tab on the link Drew provided.
(Edited)
Photo of Daniel Chen

Daniel Chen

Thank you both, but when I click in the link, all the resources I saw is blank. Is it my privilege issue?
Photo of Rajesh Jeevendran

Rajesh Jeevendran, Employee

• 354 Points 250 badge 2x thumb
Hi Daniel

You have to create an account with extreme networks. 

https://extranet.extremenetworks.com 
Proceeding which,click on the above link to download the firmware.

Regards
Rajesh J
Photo of Daniel Chen

Daniel Chen

Thanks RJ, when I try to do this, it said that I cannot continue since my email address has been registered. So supposed I cannot use the same email as my current account?
Photo of Alex Leung

Alex Leung

• 90 Points 75 badge 2x thumb

Hi All

I've already created an account, on the "firmware" tab shown,
"Displaying resources you are entitled to. If you do not see the resource you need or are entitled to, contact GTAC."
Couldn't download firmware 5.8.5

Photo of Daniel Chen

Daniel Chen

Thanks Alex, not sure which account you created here, from the link which sent by Drew above, I still cannot see anything with my current account.
Photo of testing test

testing test

• 60 Points
Hi,
I follow this topic too and I've already too created an account, except : "Displaying resources you are entitled to. If you do not see the resource you need or are entitled to, contact GTAC." like @alex

Thank you for your help !
I've just purchased AP7131 on eBay. It came with very old firmware v3.0.1.0-001R. I cannot upgrade it directly do v4.x nor v5.x, it seems that first I need to upgrade to v3.1 but my "firmware" tab is also empty.

Drew, it seems that you're the only one who has access to firmware for AP7131. Could you please send v3.1 to me?  Or hint how to upgrade from v3.0 to 5.x.  Thank you.
Photo of Drew C.

• 37,126 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
Hi Przemyslaw,
I'm not familiar with that version and I don't see it on any of the internal (Extreme) file shares that I have access to. There may be a way to upgrade it directly using the bootrom prompt, but I'm not sure if that will work with such a wide difference in version.
hello i need firmware for ap7131 version 5.8 can anybody help me?
Photo of pete edison

pete edison

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I have purchased several AP7131, they seemed to be working as they would display SSID's when powered up. I have been able to console in and reset factory defaults, and also see them pick up an ip in my routers DHCP table, I can ping without issue to the ips that they pick up as well.
However, the catch is that they do not seem to have a web interface. I have literally tried every browser, multiple PC's, phones, tablets and I'm completely out of ideas here other than reading that some firmwares may not have web gui.
I signed up for an account with extreme, however found emails in my junk folder suggesting that I may not be authorized to have access. Does anyone have any idea on how I can proceed from here. 
Photo of Drew C.

• 37,126 Points 20k badge 2x thumb
This question doesn't necessarily relate to the original topic, so I've forked this discussion off to a new one. Please reference the new conversation here: Accessing the GUI on AP7131
(Edited)
Photo of Daniel Chen

Daniel Chen

I think you might check in CLI for the http server/https server commands, whether they have been disabled.
Photo of pete edison

pete edison

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Even after a reset to defaults?

Where would I find these, the I may be a little out of practice on the CLI

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies.