cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to login into extreme summit x440-24t switch?

How to login into extreme summit x440-24t switch?

venkatesh_siddi
New Contributor
Hello Everyone.I have a summit exreme switch x440-24t i need to login the console,and i dont have serial cable with me can somebody give me the steps to login into it by providing default gateway and the connections.Thanks in advance.
12 REPLIES 12

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

please look at the following GTAC Knwoledge articles. The first describes how to use the serial console, the second how to use the Ethernet management port:
Erik

venkatesh_siddi
New Contributor
Hello Everyone,i wasn't able to login the console,what i did is i connected serial cable and installed putty and configured the ipaddress 192.168.10.x and the same ip given in putty and putty opened but it is not showing anything.can somebody help me please.

Tripathy__Priya
Extreme Employee
I could see above some of very useful articles have been provided already by my colleagues. Adding to them please find below article says about:

How to configure putty terminal-emulation software to access the local console of Extreme Switches?

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-configure-putty-terminal-emulation-...

Hope all these will help you to crack your very concern.

venkatesh_siddi
New Contributor
Hi Vellachery, Can i connect with RJ45 cable switch to laptop by using third party software tool.Thanks in advance.
GTM-P2G8KFN