How to manage firmware upgrade scheduled jobs in EMC?

• Question
  • Updated 3 weeks ago
  • Answered
I want to know if the scheduled firmware upgrades can be managed somehow. It would be practical to cancel, reschedule or simply get a list of jobs pending.
Photo of Rey Juan Carlos University [communications]

Posted 9 months ago

Photo of John Moore

John Moore, Employee

• 556 Points 500 badge 2x thumb
Hi,

Here is a topic that outlines the process of upgrading.

http://emc.extremenetworks.com/content/oneview/docs/network/docs/l_ov_ht_firmware.htm

In the Upgrade Firmware window, the Schedule Upgrade checkbox indicates if a scheduled upgrade is pending. You can use this field to reschedule the job.

Thanks,

John
The upgrading proccess is clear to me but I dont see the pending upgrade in the Upgrade Firmware window, if someone can provide a screenshot I would appreciate it.

I wish that all the scheduled upgrades could be managed from the scheduled task in the administration tab, not device by device....

Thanks. 
Photo of Bob Maheu

Bob Maheu, Employee

• 1,040 Points 1k badge 2x thumb
Hello,

This is scheduled to be added to a future version of Extreme Management Center (version not yet scheduled).
Photo of Chris Skelton

Chris Skelton

• 100 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
Hi there, I just wanted to bump this thread to show interest.  It would be very helpful to me if I could manage my scheduled firmware upgrades.  Any idea on when this feature will be available?

Thanks.
Photo of M.Nees

M.Nees, Embassador

• 9,958 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Same issue to me - customer scheduled all Edge Switches - at first switch he recognize that some issues occurs after firmware upgarde - wants to cancel all avaliable schedules ... but no way!
Photo of David Coglianese

David Coglianese, Embassador

• 7,388 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
It will definitely be helpful when this option becomes available. 
Photo of SH

SH

• 5,318 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
I need the ability to change and delete scheduled updates, too.
Photo of M.Nees

M.Nees, Embassador

• 9,958 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Photo of David Coglianese

David Coglianese, Embassador

• 7,388 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
This is a tip, thanks for sharing.

Still the ability should be rolled into the GUI. I strongly encourage customers to use the CLI for switch configuration, but NetSight is all about the GUI so all features should be available in the GUI.