cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to override Topology Change Message, Identifi

How to override Topology Change Message, Identifi

Nicolas_Martine
New Contributor II
When I have implemented a Web Portal with authentication through a Radius VNS that has a topology "a" linked to a non authenticated policy, when I had correctly authenticated and I have the Authenticated Policy with a topology "b", the topology change message appears (I know this because I can see it in the Messages Configuration Window). Could in some way overrides this message and goes to the original URL or redirected URL automatically?. This will be a nice feature to big wireless networks and wants to change from a Bridge@EWC to a Bridge@AP Topology and traffic goes locally switched preserving the Web Portal that wireless controller provides. Maybe Doug or his collaborators could answer this question.

339a74a3778a45759ab9a4d73e26b486_RackMultipart20150410-30326-1tte6yg-Successful_Login_inline.png

5 REPLIES 5

Doug
Extreme Employee
Hello,

The issue has to do with the ip change. You started the conversion on X topology and then you moved to a new topology with a new ip address. The previous web session you had established is gone so that is why we send that last page before you transition over to the new network and grab a new ip.
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

FES
New Contributor III
try to put into mensaje field from topology change (message configurator) meta value with redirection... I mean , html redirection.
" title="Link: http://www.indiana.edu/%7eaccount/new-directory">">http://myportal.com">;

Thank you Doug for the explanation but actually don't, the IP remains the same. The Non Auth Policy has the Vlan 120 but it Switched at WC and when the user authenticates the Auth Policy it's in the same Vlan 120 but Switched at AP. Thank you for your time.

Nicolas_Martine
New Contributor II
Thank you Ronald, as you said, I'm using the WLAN controller and this feature does not function when you have a topology change through policies. I tried what you are suggesting and nothing.
GTM-P2G8KFN