cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

How to skip the AUP page at guest registration

How to skip the AUP page at guest registration

Gabriel_Bagita
New Contributor II
Is it possible to skip the page with the Acceptable Use Policy at guest registration? We are using guest registration and authenticated registration to connect clients to the network. We don't have AUP, so don't requires that guests have to confirm or read the AUP terms. So we turned of displaying the AUP, but at registration, the client gets the page with a link to the AUP and must to confirm the registration again. Is it possible the skip this page?
5 REPLIES 5

Keene__Scott
Extreme Employee
With Guest Web Access or Guest Registration the AUP is configurable under the Customized Fields in your portal config. If you de-select the AUP there will be no AUP to see on the page, but the other fields on that page would still be there. If you set them all to Not Visible its possible the page is skipped over, but I am not sure. You could try that and see.

-Scott Keene

The only configurable options for AUP are what you see in the Captive Portal Config / Custom Fields. Im not sure I follow this..."The client gets a page with a link to an external page with the AUP." This sounds like something that was configured manually but I would need to see a screen shot of what you are referring to or your database. Also, what is the question regarding this link...you want to remove that link to an external page? Without seeing your database or your configurations this is a little difficult to answer. You may also want to start a case with GTAC.

The short answer on how to remove the AUP is basically what you have done already (un-check it in the configuration).

Scott Keene

To be exact, when I check the checkbox to display the AUP, the client gets the page where the AUP is shown. When I uncheck it, the AUP is not shown there. The client gets a page with a link to an external page with the AUP.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Have you considered Guest Web Access?
GTM-P2G8KFN