cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the Netsight to sending alarm when port without inline-power supply?

How to use the Netsight to sending alarm when port without inline-power supply?

Chan_Ching-hsia
New Contributor
The Extreme switch X440 PoE fail always without error log.
When the PoE fail, CLI "show inline-power info" will return timeout.
Can I using the Netsight to notice me that the inline-power is fail?
And how to create the alarm when the port without inline-power supply?
10 REPLIES 10

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Thanks Ron, I looked into that but can't seem to find a generic inline power issue phrase. We have security cameras and another brand of wireless APs (not extreme).....

We did have a power supply stop giving power this weekend and got an alert this time so maybe it's reporting..

PSU Power Status ExtremeXOS (Stack) version 15.3.1.4 v1531b4-patch1-44 by release-manager on Fri Sep 5 16:29:36 EDT 2014 number 17 status presentPowerOff(4)

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Hi Sarah,

you'd set it in the "custom criteria" section in the alarm manager.

I.e. in the below example I trigger on an Syslog event that includes the phrase "AP370".

-Ron

f0c96cee2c7e47dcbe6c67f0da153d7e_RackMultipart20160201-110141-1o629t0-Netsight_AlarmManager_customcriteria_inline.png

Sarah_Seidl
New Contributor III
Hello,

I wanted to see if we could setup this alarm too. In the netsight (6.3) console, I go into Alarms Manager to add a new alarm for this, but I can't find how to either pick the HAL.Card.Error or enter it in manually. I can't figure out what I'm missing. Under the criteria tab I have the options: by event, by selected trap, by custom criteria, by device status change, by threshold or by flow. I can't find anything in the selected trap options, so thought custom criteria might be promising not sure. Could anyone direct me?

Thank you,

Sarah

Chan_Ching-hsia
New Contributor
Thank you guys!
I have create the alarm with the Syslog message.
It works!

GTM-P2G8KFN