How to configure Summits X670, X480 and X440.

• Question
  • Updated 4 years ago
Good day everyone. Please I will like to know how to configure the summits X670, X480 and the X440. I have CCNA but I have no idea of extreme network products.These are the products that will be used in my company.  Is there any learning resource to help me? Thank you.
Photo of Ruthie

Ruthie

• 408 Points 250 badge 2x thumb

Posted 4 years ago

Photo of Daniel Flouret

Daniel Flouret, Employee

• 7,470 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Ruthie,

All the switches use the same OS: EXOS. So the first thing to look at is the documentation.

You can find it here: http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/documentation/

The documentation is "How-to"-oriented, so I think you'll find it useful. Be sure to begin with http://extrcdn.extremenetworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Basic_Switch_Operation.pdf

Good luck!

Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

• 5,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Let us know what type of configuration you want do on this devices? We may help you to provide sample config.
Photo of Ruthie

Ruthie

Thank you Daniel and Sumit for taking the time to reply. We are actually going to be using a Cisco router to route between the different vlans that will be created on the switches. I will be glad if you can send me some sample configurations. We want to keep it simple but I know this is going to be anything but simple. We have other types of firewall and I know it will be a challenge to make every product work together. Please feel free to give suggestions.
Photo of Ruthie

Ruthie

@Sumit Tokle,

Please if you can provide the sample config files, that will be awesome. We have the following equipment---Summit X670, X480 and X440 and we are trying to put in place vlans. We are looking at using a Cisco layer 3 switch for routing for the vlans. We have about 3 floors at our business and so I am to come up with a plan as to how to configure these equipment in such a way that they will work well with the gateway that we have right now. I am open to suggestions, please if you have any I will be glad to have them because I am new to your products. 

Thank you for your help.
Photo of Sumit Tokle

Sumit Tokle, Alum

• 5,738 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Crete vlan test                             //Created vlan name test
configure vlan test tag 10           //assign tag value 10 to test vlan
configure vlan test add port 1 tagged    // add port 1 as tagged port so that it can carry tagg when packet is sent out from port 1
configure vlan test ipaddress 1.1.1.1 255.255.255.0  // assing ip address to vlan test
enable ipforwarding test   // enable routing on vlan test

Configure iproute add default <default_IP>   // configure default gateway IP address

Please go thorough EXOS concept guide for more information,