cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have an AP3825i that its rebooting!!

I have an AP3825i that its rebooting!!

Angel_Pavon1
New Contributor III
Hello I have a problem with an AP3825i, it´s reboot sometimes but just it is down about 40 seconds. How can I run a diagnostic?

Regads.
7 REPLIES 7

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
Noobs - I'd never connect my console via wireless, that would increase my ping/delay and affect my perfomance in online matches 

Rich_Pacheco
New Contributor III
We've run in to a similar issue on our campus. We currently only allow gaming systems on the wired network, so some students have tried bridging the gaming system to their laptop. The bridged connection triggers spanning tree on the AP port which would reboot the AP. The student's laptop would then associate with the next closest AP and it would cause that one to reboot. The student usually realizes that the hack won't work and would quickly delete the bridged connection. For those students who were more persistent, we would black list their laptop and wait for them to call our help desk complaining that they can't get on the wireless network..

Jeremy_Gibbs
Contributor
Check to see how many spanning tree topology changes you have on your network. If the counter is incrementing quickly, that could potential he be a cause of your issues.

Stephen_McGuire
New Contributor III
I had an AP that would go out occasionally. It would power off and then start backup.

Turns out spanning tree was turning the WIFI AP port off (including the POE power). A student had used his consumer AP and bridged the WiFi and plugged it into the wall creating a loop. Spanning tree was doing it's job.

Found it by comparing the MAC addresses and some sleuthing.

-Stephen
GTM-P2G8KFN