Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

I need some help with a Extreme Summit X440-24t configuration

I need some help with a Extreme Summit X440-24t configuration

Alysson_Campos
New Contributor
Hi guys, I need some help.

We bought a Extreme Summit X440-24t switch and the idea is to replace a Cisco 3560 switch. I have no experience with XOS and there are two port configurations that I donĀ“t know how to set up. These are the configurations on the cisco way:

## On these port how can I set up the port-security with MAC on ExtremeXOS

1. interface GigabitEthernet0/1:

switchport access vlan 450
switchport port-security mac-address c0ea.e46a.1821

## On these port how can I set up the port to L3 routing port and set up an IP to the port.

2. interface GigabitEthernet0/26:

no switchport
ip address 177.69.10.4 255.255.255.0

i appreciate your help!
15 REPLIES 15

venkatesh_siddi
New Contributor
Hello Everyone,can somebody help me for taking console of extreme summit x440-24t,i have serial console cable and putty software with me anything required other than this.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

could you be more specific as to what exaclty you did? What kind of cable connected between which interfaces exaclty?

If you tried a serial connection, did you verify that you used the correct name for the serial port? On Windows, you can use the hardware manager to find out which name(s) is (are) used for the serial port(s). USB to serial converters often use different names (resp. numbers).

Erik

Yes Ram , i reinstalled the putty but no luck,what i did is connected cable pc to switch and installed putty and checked serial and tried opening it,it is not responding.

Please help me out .Thanks in advance.

Did you try with a different switch and verify if it is working? Did you try to reinstall the putty application? Any firewall installed?

GTM-P2G8KFN