cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

identifi captive portal doesnt redirect authenticated users succesfully to welcome page

identifi captive portal doesnt redirect authenticated users succesfully to welcome page

Eloy_Acosta
New Contributor
Hi there, i have an external captive portal configured, so long so good, the issue is...
when the user gets authenticated the system doesnt succed to redireto to the "welcome page"
on the section "redirect from external captive portal" i have set Send succesfull Login to "Custom specific url"

cf2e5eaf838c4e98b22265178c1031bf_RackMultipart20180601-123258-1viatgj-28459948-c04b-40f5-b35e-160bb336934b_inline.jpg

Most of the phone log in succesfully but the only message they get come form the system a red letter message saying
"you have beeen succesfully authenticated please refresh your browser or close your browser and start a new session if you cant access the network"

cf2e5eaf838c4e98b22265178c1031bf_RackMultipart20180601-38877-c9du4d-Captura_inline.png

if you siconnect and connect from the wifi you have access to the internet, you are authenticated.

what could be possibly wrong???

5 REPLIES 5

Gareth_Mitchell
Extreme Employee
In moving from the non/authenticated to authenticated state do you change vlans, and therefore IP address?

Can you ping your default gateway after authentication completes?

-Gareth

Ok so it sound like it's working? If not I think you should open a case with GTAC and let us take a look at your config and work from there.

Thank you for your response

No ip addresses are changed, same ip as non/authenticated,

if you re-enter in the wifi , you get the same ip anyou are authorized.

In fact if you wait a little bit with that banner in front of you you end up getting connected

Ronald_Dvorak
Honored Contributor
You get that error on a phone - what about a notebook - is it the same issue !?
GTM-P2G8KFN