cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IdentiFi RADAR (detection only) and 5 GHz band issues?

IdentiFi RADAR (detection only) and 5 GHz band issues?

Tavares__Goncal
Extreme Employee
Hi all.

I've been delivering a WiFi PoC (focused on video/voice and performance mainly) at a customer in the past two weeks. Version 9.12.04.0003, 3825e APs + dipole antennas. Everything was working perfectly until I activated RADAR (detection only, in-service profile for all APs, scan for security threats and rougue APs and identify sources of interference, no countermeasures enabled). With RADAR enabled (in-service), we started noticing instability in the 5 GHz band, randomly being disconnected from the WiFi infrastructure (or getting limited connection) and needing to reconnect manually again. With Microsoft Lync, upon starting a new video call, after a few seconds, the customer got dropped from the video call and lose connectivity. This happened all the time with Lync, but only in the 5 GHz band. Windows 8 machines. With X-lite, no problems whatsoever but nevertheless, they got random disconnections/limited connection from the WiFi infrastructure (I experienced that also with my Windows 7 machine), with the need to reconnect manually again.

Upon disabling RADAR, everything started working perfectly again...

Does anyone know of issues with our RADAR (detection only, in-service profile) with the 5 GHz band? I'm using non-DFS, 20 MHz channels.

Thanks in advance.

Goncalo Tavares
7 REPLIES 7

Doug
Extreme Employee
For reference: : http://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/With-Radar-enable-on-my-IdentiFi-access-p...

Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Doug
Extreme Employee
Yes the latest GA build includes the spectral scanning fix (9.15.06).
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

Roaming_24_7
New Contributor
Was this ever resolved?

Tavares__Goncal
Extreme Employee
Yes!! For sure . Thanks!
GTM-P2G8KFN