cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inline Power System information missing / No POE on otherwise working switch X440

Inline Power System information missing / No POE on otherwise working switch X440

Wesley
New Contributor
I am looking at two X440-48Poe switches, both working with 15.7.1.4 XOS. One switch supplies POE and the other does not. On the working switch SHOW INLINE-POWER returns the firmware status and power wattage information. On the switch that does not supply POE (otherwise working) the command returns no firmware or power wattage information, its just missing. Is this a bad power supply? I tried UNCONFIGURE SWITCH, didn't help.
9 REPLIES 9

Wesley
New Contributor
Thanks everyone, it looks like hardware failure. Extended diagnostics show "POE check state loop test failed"

Necheporenko__N
Extreme Employee
Hello Wesley,

Have you tried command "run diagnostic extended" and then "show diag"?
Please check next article for more details - https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Summit-PoE-failure-and-switch-pass-exten...

Best Regards,
Nikolay

Zdeněk_Pala
Extreme Employee
Check patch cables. If you have device being powered from one X440 and connect it to other X440 with the same firmware and it is not getting PoE then the issue seems to be in the HW or in the config. If you unconfigure switch all (you did) and you still do not receive PoE then I believe it is reason for RMA (if you have support service contract).
Regards Zdeněk Pala

Wesley
New Contributor
It shows that it is enabled. No errors. Sho inline still missing the Firmware and wattage portion.
GTM-P2G8KFN