cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install problems with Netsight OVA (Ubuntu based)

Install problems with Netsight OVA (Ubuntu based)

Stefan_Ehrhardt
New Contributor
Hi guys (well maybe a few girls too),

I have the following problem: I try to migrate from NetSight WIN based to NetSight Linux based so I downloaded the Ubuntu OVA file including Netsight.
I put it on my ESX, startet the console and did the initial Installation and put all the info in it. Ubuntu/Netsight told me everything ist completed and I can start using it. But unfortunately I am not able to connect to the Netsight webgui/user interface. I checked the VM again and when I run the 'nmap localhost' command I can see no service running on 8080 or 8443. I started the startserver.sh, no change. I rebootet the whole system...no change. What's my mistake? Why ist teh Netsightserver not starting?

Thanks a lot in advance.
11 REPLIES 11

Stefan_Ehrhardt
New Contributor
Well solved is not the correct term, the initial problem with 6.2 is still up to date, even after downloading and installing it again. SO at the moment I changed to 6.1 and everything is fine. In a next step I wil update 6.1 to 6.2 and will see if the problem pops up again or not. If not I can live with that.

Drew_C
Valued Contributor III
Hi Stefan, I just wanted to check in to see if you were able to get this resolved.

Mike_Thomas
Extreme Employee
Stefan, I would gather the 'show support' from the setups and open a case with the GTAC.
https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/How_To/How-to-generate-a-show-support-from-Onevie...

Stefan_Ehrhardt
New Contributor
Funny thing. I accidentely rebooted the VM two times a row, now it is working. Well at least the 6.1. tried the same with the 6.2 but no luck with this one. Now I am a little afraid I will lose connection again on the 6.1 as I have no clue what the problem was.
GTM-P2G8KFN