Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inter-VLAN Routing not working correctly

Inter-VLAN Routing not working correctly

IT-SA
New Contributor
Hello!

I just took over a System Administrator role for a company and trying to figure out what happened to one of their VLANs.
I am new to the Extreme Network devices. They currently have 3 stacked X450-e as their main switch stack/router.
The previous SA setup a new VLAN (VLAN11) to free up some IPs on the main subnet.
Some PCs started dropping from the network last week and we ended up figuring out that the VLAN had been removed from the switch configuration.
I readded it and tried to set everything up as it should be but its not working and I am starting to bang my head against the wall and need some other eyes on this to tell me where the issue might be.

I've gone through all the help guides on here and cannot get a PC to ping another PC on VLAN11 from VLAN1. I cannot even get VLAN11 to pass DHCP to the PC. Static set IP doesn't work either.
DHCP server IP is 192.168.0.17

Here is my current switch config:
51 REPLIES 51

Robert_Cummins
New Contributor
Statically configured IPs seem to route correctly but clients needing a DHCP response seem to not get it. The VLAN and bootprelay seem to be configured properly so I would check the dhcp server to make sure it is still serving addresses for 192.168.11.0/24. If possible, I'd run a tcpdump on the DHCP server and check for DHCP Request packets coming from 192.168.11.1 and if so, does the server send a DCHP ACK packet back. If the server has a log file then check it. If that works then the DHCP server is not the issue and you know that bootprelay is not the issue. If the packet never arrives then it still something with the configuration.

VLAN Interface with name VLAN11 created by user
Admin State: Enabled Tagging: 802.1Q Tag 11
Description: None
Virtual router: VR-Default
IPv4 Forwarding: Enabled
Primary IP : 192.168.11.1/24
IPv6 Forwarding: Disabled
IPv6: None
STPD: None
Protocol: Match all unfiltered protocols
Loopback: Disabled
NetLogin: Disabled
QosProfile: None configured
Egress Rate Limit Designated Port: None configured
Flood Rate Limit QosProfile: None configured
Ports: 5. (Number of active ports=5)
Untag: *1:41, *2:13, *2:21, *2:30, *3:7
Flags: (*) Active, (!) Disabled, (g) Load Sharing port
(b) Port blocked on the vlan, (m) Mac-Based port
(a) Egress traffic allowed for NetLogin
(u) Egress traffic unallowed for NetLogin
(t) Translate VLAN tag for Private-VLAN
(s) Private-VLAN System Port, (L) Loopback port
(e) Private-VLAN End Point Port
(x) VMAN Tag Translated port
(G) Multi-switch LAG Group port

Port 2:13 is not in VLAN11 according to the config posted in the initial question and according to the "show vlan VLAN11" output.
Please verify the VLAN configuration for that port, e.g. using "show port 2:13 information detail," and post the output.
Thanks,
Erik

On the ports that work, I am getting DHCP requests packets on the server. On 2:13, nothing ever shows up in the wireshark.
GTM-P2G8KFN