cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

IP address issue for end users

IP address issue for end users

Saiprasad_Rao_R
New Contributor II
We added 22 access points to existing network. Setup is like this : 10 ap's are part of vlan 80 in building-1 Remaining 12 ap's part of vlan 81 in building-2 Users connecting to ap's ( vlan 80 )should get IP from vlan 90 Users connecting to ap's (vlan 81) should get IP from vlan 91 Now the issue is when we are in building-1 end user is getting IP , when he is moving to building 2 user not getting IP, but few users at building-2 are getting IP. As a resolution I have done the below: Grouped building-1 ap's and users in a single vlan 80 Grouped building-2 ap's and users in a single vlan 81 Now it seems to be better , but not sure is this correct resolution can anyone guide me.
10 REPLIES 10

Doug
Extreme Employee
Also you should be aware that we are at the mercy of the client device to do a clean dhcp renew when flipping subnets...
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

We are using public DNS, end user gets public DNS, name resolution is not happening..... There are no different policies....... I again checked what I found is few users are able to browse internet and few cannot. In building-2 , even I two was able to access internet when I went to building-2 to cross check again. Totally strange..

Doug
Extreme Employee
How about DNS resolving, is that working too? Try doing an nslookup on something. Also are there any policy rules that are different on one VNS versus the other? If the policy on the controller looks good and you are making it to the default gateway, chances are the issues are not with the wireless....
Doug Hyde
Director, Technical Support / Extreme Networks

yes, i am able to ping default gateway of the end user vlan
GTM-P2G8KFN