cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

IPV4 interfaces, GRE capacity, PIM flow capacity, QOS level 3 and 4, flash memory on X440 G2

IPV4 interfaces, GRE capacity, PIM flow capacity, QOS level 3 and 4, flash memory on X440 G2

Jihene_Miled
New Contributor
Hi all,

I have to fill those questions regarding X440 G2 features (X440-G2-12p-10GE4, X440-G2-24p-10GE4 and X440-G2-48p-10GE4). I went throw the documentation below:

EXOS_User_Guide_21_1
ExtremeSwitching-X440-G2-DS
ExtremeXOS_21.1.1-Patch1-5_RelNotes
ExtremeXOS_21.x_Feature_License_Requirements
ExtremeXOS-DS, HW_SW_Compatibility_Matrix
and SummitFamily_HW_Install_EXOS21.

My problem is that i could not find the informations below:

-IPV4 interfaces capacity
-GRE capacity (how many tunnels)
-PIM flow capacity (how many flows)
-QOS level 3 and 4 supported and what are the SupportedProtocols and
Standards
-Can the flash memory store more than one Firmware/OS versions and if yes how many?
-Can the flash memory store more than one configuration file and if yes how many?
-Does it support Netflow v5 or Equivalent ?
-Does it integrate other NAC ? (is NetSight NAC integration the answer?)
-Besides of SNMPv3 does it integrate with other network supervision tier as Netflow or equivalent?

Thanks ahead for the feedbacks
3 REPLIES 3

Erik_Auerswald
Contributor II
Hi,

EXOS switches use two "partitions" to store the firmware. Thus you can have two firmware versions on the X440-G2.

EXOS can integrate with other standards based products, e.g. RADIUS servers ("NAC"). Third party SNMPv3 products can be used as well.

As Alexandr wrote, you should be able to find the device and software limits in the release notes, and the supported standards in the EXOS data sheet (http://learn.extremenetworks.com/rs/641-VMV-602/images/ExtremeXOS-DS.pdf), table Supported Protocols and Stanards.

Cheers,
Erik

Just adding the link to the Release Notes page:

http://www.extremenetworks.com/support/release-notes/

Go to ExtremeSwitching - Software => ExtremeXOS and select the file based on the EXOS version.

Alexandr_P
Valued Contributor
Hello, Jihene Miled!

All your questions is present in documentation.
If I'm not mistaken:
-IPV4 interfaces capacity
-GRE capacity (how many tunnels)
-PIM flow capacity (how many flows)
In EXOS_Release_Notes -> Limitations
-QOS level 3 and 4 supported and what are the SupportedProtocols and
Standards
-Can the flash memory store more than one Firmware/OS versions and if yes how many?
-Can the flash memory store more than one configuration file and if yes how many?
-Does it support Netflow v5 or Equivalent ?
-Does it integrate other NAC ? (is NetSight NAC integration the answer?)
-Besides of SNMPv3 does it integrate with other network supervision tier as Netflow or equivalent?
In EXOS_User_Guide.

If you need exact information - answer on your questions, it will be some later.

Thank you!
GTM-P2G8KFN